Here is the dress in its original state, sans belt.
Here is what the brown trim originally looked like - ratty, faded, and not cute. ;-(
Here is a shot of me sewing the new brown pom pom trim (which I purchased from Etsy) onto the ruffle. Nevermind that I'm sewing on the floor; my place is still a mess and I don't have a table set up for sewing right now.
This shot shows the original straps at the bottom - yellowed and wimpy. The hem of the dress contained a lot of extra material so I used that fabric to make new straps with interfacing for better support (laying above the wimpy strap).
Here you can see where I installed a new invisible zipper. The old one was broken and wouldn't even zip.
After spending all that time on this dress, I was very pleased with the result. I love the full skirt and had the vision that this dress would be awesome with a little TLC. Thanks so much for stopping by today!
See my other Re-Vamping Vintage series: